Post new topic   Reply to topic    Perplexity Forum Index -> Accepted Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heallaríous

re: Frost/Arcane Mage

Hey,

I'm willing to give you a trial spot, as you've already pointed out, your gear level isn't high to say the least, however we can bring you along on farm runs untill you geared up!

Welcome to the misfits!

Kind regards,

Heallarious.

re: Frost/Arcane Mage

Character Name: Odiinson

What is your nationality? Portuguese

How old are you? 29

Tell us a little about yourself, profession, hobbies and other games you play, ect. I work in the entertainment industry, I'm a social media coordinator. Very simply, I decide what (and when) certain information is published. I'm currently learning to play guitar and I go to metal festivals/concerts rather often. I live just outside Paris so there's always something happening. Currently I'm only playing WoW, but I am a legendary Hearthstone player and a competent Heroes of the Storm player too.

What class & spec will you be playing? Mostly Frost and Arcane of a select few bosses.

Would you mind playing with another spec if asked to? Or a certain encounter demands it? Not at all. That's what marks a great player, right? I was playing Frost through almost all of HM and Fire on Tectus and Twins. On BRF I was swapping from Arcane to Fire on an encounter-to-encounter basis and now from what I can see on HRC I'll mostly be playing Frost again.

What is your experience in WoW or other games? You can include as much as you want here. I started WoW shortly after it was released in Europe. I was Guild Leading and Raid Leading from MC to Maghteridon in TBC. At that point work commitments made stop gaming altogether and I returned when WotLK was released. I raided through all of WotLK and most of Cataclysm. When Dragon Soul was released I moved to France and since I had no PC, I didn't raid at all during Mists. Now with Warlords I transferred from the Hellscream realm to Darksorrow to raid with some friends and was a pretty solid member of my raid team. I was forced to do a break from raiding from May to late June due to weird shift rotations. Now that I have a stable shift pattern, my Guild had transferred from Darksorrow to Sylvanas and merged with another Guild. This also meant that my gear was far behind other raiders and a spot for me no longer existed.

What Item level/gear level is the character you are applying with currently sitting at and how are you trying to improve your damage/healing/mitigation? Frost gear is ilvl 688 and Arcane gear is ilvl 692. I am trying to join pugs on LFG to do some Normal and Heroic raiding.

Give a brief list of any addons and keybinds you use while raiding.
Deadly Boss Mods, Combustion Helper for Fire Spec, Weak Auras (it's amazing!), Exorsus Raid Tools for some encounters, and Iskar Assist is pretty handy too.

Give a brief run down of your rotation/priority and your specs current stat priority. E.g Spirit(3000) > Haste (12.5%) > Mastery = Crit.
Frost: Multistrike > Haste > Crit = Versatility | Arcane: Mastery > Haste > Crit = Versatility

Please provide us with logs from Warcraft Logs.
I tried to find some logs from Highmaul/BRF from back in the Darksorrow realm, but it seems that they expired. My character before the transfer was called Surtür.

Are you able to use Teamspeak? If so can you speak or only listen? This also means you can understand, type and speak 100% English
I use it all the time. I can talk and listen and my English won't be a problem.

Do you know anyone that can vouch for you in Perplexity?
Not at all.

Our raid times are Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 20:30 to 00:00, will this be a problem for you?
I can attend every day.

What was the reason for leaving your current guild?
I haven't left yet, but just the lack of a raid spot.

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI.
http://i.imgur.com/jllWofb.jpg - Some procs and buffs (like Aspect of the Fox) are not visible, but that gives a good idea of how it looks like.

Wiping is an essential part of PvE content whether its raiding, challenge modes, dungeoning and the likes. Can you handle in excess of 200-300 wipes on end game content? Also in that can you take constructive criticism? Yes, how else would I evolve :)

Why are you interested in Perplexity?
From the recruitment post, website and people's reaction, it seems like a good place to be. The fact that you defeated Mar'gok on Mythic proves that this is a place where I can see and defeat the content as well as push myself and my character to the maximum.

How did you find out about Perplexity?
A recruitment post on the Realm Forums.

What do you expect from us?
I'll be realistic: My gear is not up-to-par to Heroic/Mythic HFC, and even if I don't fuck up on mechanics, the DPS is just not there. So until my gear is indeed up to your standards, if I could join any alt runs on Normal/Heroic HFC or even Mythic BRF to bring my ilvl up, I would be super happy. Once my ilvl is up there and I'm topping meters again *aheam*, then a fair rotation system is all I can expect :)

We have a very competitive community always striving for the best in their chosen class/spec. A lot of our group comps for progression are based on the best of the best though we try not to bench. Are you actively researching and keeping up to date with your class? And can you handle competition?
I'm always reading up on it, how stat priority and rotations change based on how you hit certain breakpoints on stats or how the Tier bonuses affect your play-style. And yes, competition is the best way to improve.

Do you have any notable Achievements/Titles in PvE content?
I guess Ahead of the Curve: Imperator/Blackhand come to mind. 

In your opinion what are the strengths and weaknesses of your class? Crazy burst as Frost and Arcane, ridiculous cleaving potential with Fire and very very nice sustain with Arcane. I think that our level 100 talents are a little bit lackluster, especially the Crystal. Oh that crystal makes so soooooooo mad sometimes :P

Is your computer capable of handling 20/30 man content without major issues and is your internet connection stable?
Yeah, PC/Network performance is not an issue in any way.

Anything else you would like to add to complete your application?
I would like to highlight that although my gear is not up-to-par as of now, when it is. You will not be disappointed.

Also, I was raid leading for nearly 4 years. So I do like to research fights beforehand, I like to think outside-the-box and propose alternate tactics if a given one is not working for the raid group. I'm pretty vocal while progressing through fights, and once stuff is on farm, I do like the occasional banter :)

Tell us a joke! The filthier the better!
What's the difference between a Death Knight and a hooker? None, they are both easy, cheap and spread diseases!

Oh... the Guild Leader is a DK? Crap..... :P

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Perplexity Forum Index -> Accepted Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: