Post new topic   Reply to topic    Perplexity Forum Index -> Recruitment and Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fight-

re: Application

Character Name:

November - Hunter

What is your nationality?

British / South African

How old are you?

32 fine years

Tell us a little about yourself, profession, hobbies and other games you play, ect.

I was born in South Africa but have lived in England for about 15 years, spent some time in some other countries before settling. As a job I own a franchise for a Danish based luxury furnishings company, we have a few stores in the south of England, its all quite boring unfortunately! Hobbies wise I read a lot, just cant get enough ancient history or politics into a day, I also play airsoft (running around in the woods pretending to be an army man). I currently solely play WoW with a little HoN on the side, mostly just midwars for quick games when I have time. My biggest hobby is my 5 month old boy, he's amazing.

What class & spec will you be playing?

I have two geared characters, a Hunter who is only just over a month old, I play this as my main and a Warrior which I have been raiding with from the start of warlords.

My hunter is currently 690, in the interests of transparency I did boost my hunter to gear it as quickly as possible, the guild I was with required a hunter and I tried to answer the call asap. I ran two HC boosts with KLR and had a blast doing it, lovely guys. Since then I have spent a few weeks in mythic and gathered a few more items to put me at a decent ilvl where I am able to contribute well to progression and breeze through farms. I am geared for BM and sometimes switch to Survival for Oregorger, depending on the situation.

Would you mind playing with another spec if asked to? Or a certain encounter demands it?

I do my best to play the class and not the specialization, on my warrior I was practically switching spec and talents before every boss and every trash pack, I am not adverse to doing what is needed.

What is your experience in WoW or other games? You can include as much as you want here.

I started playing on day one US release, before the game became available in the EU. I played on Illidan, which was and still is the most populated and competitive US server. I moved over with my Star Wars Galaxies guild and we had an amazing time leveling up and pvping. Most of my accolades in WoW come from that time, I raided pretty consistently through Vanilla and obtained Grand Marshal on the old pvp ranking system (Unfortunately this meant account sharing and baton passing, there was no other way back then!). I played in TBC but only got a few bosses down before moving away from WoW to play various other MMO's with my friends at the time.

We tried pretty much every game that came out in an attempt to find something similar to SWG. I eventually settled on RIFT with an amazing guild, we progressed and had a lot of fun in the process. When SWTOR released my whole guild moved over to that and we spent about a year pvp'ing and pve'ing pretty hardcore, achieving server firsts and the odd world first (quite honestly though, competition was minimal for some reason, guilds just weren't very organised at the start and we already had a solid raiding lineup). I started and still "run" the biggest swtor unofficial forum, moderators take care of 95% of the site though, I just pay the fees and sort out disputes between them when needed, I stopped playing about two years ago and so leave it up to the active players to sort themselves out.

Around December this year I started a character on WoW and got back into the swing of raiding, I have been in two guilds and have got up to Ko'ragh mythic and Thogar Mythic.

What Item level/gear level is the character you are applying with currently sitting at and how are you trying to improve your damage/healing/mitigation?

690 for BM and slightly less for the other specs (they are hardly needed at the moment unfortunately). I spend a fair amount of time reading my class forum, both US and EU. I also regularly look at my own logs and a chosen "hero" to make sure I am up to date with how I should be using my skills and rotation. I am obviously quite new to hunter but am able to pull solid numbers, I tend to do better on "messy" progression like Thogar and Flame, keeping my numbers decent while learning mechanics.

Give a brief list of any addons and keybinds you use while raiding.

DBM, Angry assignments (When needed), Exorsus raid tools, GTFO, Skada and a full set of custom Weak Aura's which I am constantly tweaking - Seriously, it never ends!

I run a spirit beast and so have crit protection and heal on mouseover as a keybind, I also have stopcasts on most spells, other than that I doubt any of my binds are out of the ordinary.

Give a brief run down of your rotation/priority and your specs current stat priority. E.g Spirit(3000) > Haste (12.5%) > Mastery = Crit.

BM 4p > Agility > Weapon damage > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Versatility. Haste and Multi are about equal and I basically just use whichever item has the highest ilvl. Mastery enchants on everything and Mastery sockets.

Rotation wise, for ST: Kill Command on CD, Kill shot on CD, Keep steady focus up, Barrage on CD (saved for when I know adds are around the corner), Arcane to dump. For multiple targets I swap out Arcane for Multi shot and it get's a specond spot in priority behind barrage, I also use explosive trap on CD.

Please provide us with logs from Warcraft Logs.

Please keep in mind that I was at least 10 ilvl's below everyone in these raids!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B7WQTMR4FvfHZwGV#boss=-2

Are you able to use Teamspeak? If so can you speak or only listen? This also means you can understand, type and speak 100% English

I am able to use and usually very active in TS on raid and non raid nights.

Do you know anyone that can vouch for you in Perplexity?

I don't believe so.

Our raid times are Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 20:30 to 00:00, will this be a problem for you?

Again in the interest of transparency I will only be able to raid two nights a week, I will calendar sign up my two nights and turn up every single time I have signed up, my raid nights are pre-planned with my work and wife (the real boss) and I do my best to never let my guild down. I apologies that three nights will not be possible and fully understand if that ends my application here, I simply don't see the point in trying to deceive anyone at this point. I will basically be online every night from about 10pm server time when everyone in my house has gone to bed, I will be active every day but can unfortunately only commit to two full raid nights.

What was the reason for leaving your current guild?

I was relatively new to this guild after moving over to Sylvanas with my old guild from another server, as a group we merged into a larger team and took quite a few prominent raid spots with them. I have a lot of respect for the leaders of the guild and have very little negative to say about any individuals. The problem for me was simply the culture of the average player, the lack of any social aspect in their gameplay and inactivity in guild chat and TS. They are all capable players but I just require a little more interaction with players in my guild outside of raiding. We had many occasions where an entire week would pass and I would only speak to one or two people before raid nights. The social aspect of the game, helping boost alts, running old content - whether with small groups of people or organised, chatting on TS and things of that nature are as much a part of the game to me as simply logging in to progress in mythic.

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI.

https://i.imgur.com/NVnPsNZ.jpg (A lot of abilities are keybound on a hidden bar)

Wiping is an essential part of PvE content whether its raiding, challenge modes, dungeoning and the likes. Can you handle in excess of 200-300 wipes on end game content? Also in that can you take constructive criticism?

I've done my fair share of wiping and understand there is going to be much more. I am always looking to improve my playstyle and when it's constructive I welcome advice.

Why are you interested in Perplexity?

I have had a good scout around at recruitment threads and websites and only plan to put one application in at a time for any guilds I might like the look of, you guys are the first. You seem to have a well balanced community of players and your progression is similar to what I am doing right now, I would prefer not to jump up too many bosses in BRF and miss the progression, its important to me. Honestly though, you just seem nice.

How did you find out about Perplexity?

Recruitment thread on the official forums.

What do you expect from us?

I hope that you will provide an environment where I can meet like minded players, have a little banter and work for progression. 

We have a very competitive community always striving for the best in their chosen class/spec. A lot of our group comps for progression are based on the best of the best though we try not to bench. Are you actively researching and keeping up to date with your class? And can you handle competition?

I thrive on friendly competition between players of my class and outside as well. I'm friendly and nice but underneath I would prefer to be the best ;). Keeping up to date with current builds and strategies, reading logs and doing my best to understand my class is a key part of my gameplay.

Do you have any notable Achievements/Titles in PvE content?

This is quite a new character, I believe it is all explained above.

In your opinion what are the strengths and weaknesses of your class?

Quite honestly moving from Warrior to Hunter I find it very difficult to pick faults in my class, loads of utility, loads of tools for surviving and excelling in encounters and a pet to keep activity high. I find hunter a real pleasure to play.

If I was forced to single out something negative I would probably say that BM is still quite RNG based, I feel that this is the norm for WoD however and it doesn't bother me too much, at least on hunter with bad RNG I am still able to pull decent numbers and contribute. A bad spell of RNG on my warrior would see me near the bottom of the list even with a very good rotation at times.

Is your computer capable of handling 20/30 man content without major issues and is your internet connection stable?

Nasa would be content with running a mars landing on my PC, it's over the top ridiculous. I have not had any internet failure in about two years, very solid 40mb down 10mb up.

Anything else you would like to add to complete your application?

I've typed a substantial amount and feel like I have nothing to say here now. I understand that only being able to commit to two days a week is an issue for most guilds, I am comfortable in saying that the two days I can make will be communicated clearly, well in advance, and once my gear is up to scratch will be planned for progression instead of farming to help my guild. I will be online most nights of the week outside of raiding and will contribute where I can.

Tell us a joke! The filthier the better!

You've really got to hand it to those blind hookers...

Heallaríous

Thank you for applying to the guild, I'll be back with you shortly.

Kind regards,

Heallarious

Hi, just wanted to post some logs from my warrior, they should give you an idea of my capability a bit better than my hunter logs which are new and a bit messy. I manage a solid 75th percentile on my warrior with a bunch of high 80's and some 90's. I believe I will surpass this on my hunter in a short time.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9218074/latest#boss=1704 (There aren't many post transfer logs for my warrior)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/6795660/latest# ( Pre transfer - Be sure to check both fury and arms, I switched my spec around often to try new things)

This isn't to push your decision, just want to increase my chances as much as possible haha.

Heallaríous

Accepted for trial, welcome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Perplexity Forum Index -> Recruitment and Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None